Lori K. Kay, Au.D. has been working as an audiologist since 1991. Originally from Ohio and an avid Ohio State University Buckeye fan, Dr. Kay has worked with all age groups. She loves working with adults to help them overcome their hearing difficulties and to improve their quality of life. Seeing individuals reconnecting with their family and friends because they can hear again gives her great satisfaction. Dr. Kay has worked with a rehabilitation company in North Carolina, as an Executive Director of a non-profit Speech and Hearing Center in Florida, and in private practice both in New Mexico and Texas.
Dr. Kay encourages family members to attend appointments with their loved one as hearing loss not only affects the individual but the family as well. Learning how to help the individual receive the most benefit from the hearing aids requires a team effort in order for the individual to be successful. Continuing education is important to Dr. Kay. She attends the American Academy of Audiology conventions, attends training courses provided by hearing aid manufacturers, and takes some online courses. Dr. Kay believes that continuing her education allows her to bring a higher quality of care to her patients.
Dr. Kay enjoys spending time with her husband, a United States Air Force Veteran and their two dogs. They like to travel and spend time with family. When Dr. Kay gets any “spare time” she enjoys scrapbooking family photos, making cards for special occasions, and reading.
- B.A., Speech & Hearing Science, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- M.A., Audiology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Au.D., Doctor of Audiology, Salus University George S. Osborne College of Audiology, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
- The Ohio State University Speech & Hearing Clinic, Columbus, Ohio 1989-1991
- The Ohio State University Hospitals ENT Clinic, Columbus, Ohio, 1991
- The Ohio State University Nisonger Center, Columbus, Ohio 1990
- Columbus Speech & Hearing Center, 1990
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital, 1990-1991
- Texas State Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, License #80276
- Board Certified by the American Board of Audiology
- Fellow of the American Academy of Audiology (FAAA)
- ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology (CCC-A), #01105840
- Experience: Communicare ProRehab/RehabWorks, 1991-1997
- Executive Director for Speech & Hearing Center of Ft. Walton Beach, 1997-2002
- Southwestern Ear Nose & Throat Santa Fe, New Mexico 2002-2003
- Las Cruces Hearing Center, Las Cruces, New Mexico 2003-2009
- Livingston Audiology & Hearing Aid Centers, Las Cruces, New Mexico 2009-2013
- Premier Hearing Center, Fort Worth, Texas 2013-2015
- SoundWorks Hearing Center, Lake Worth, Texas 2015-present